Thursday, April 14, 2011

I beg your pardon, Prez Obama never promised us a rose garden!



"The conversation in Washington is very different than what is being said around the kitchen table." Obama said this to his audience as he kicked off his re-election campaign.

He is just realizing this now.

This is proof Washington and the President are so profoundly out of touch with the realities of the America citizenry.

He should have said:

I understand what is going through the minds and hearts of Americans. I know most of your pocket books are empty. I feel your pain - because on my watch - I have been ignoring your pain.

My bad!

But that will change. Once I am re-elected President.

This time I will pay more attention.

I promise.

Remember - I promised to get our people out of Iraq.
I promised to close Guantanomo.
I promised our dealings with Libya will be short and swift.

I promised I would save jobs. Just look how many government jobs I saved and created.

I promise that soon - pigs will fly and hell will freeze over.

But I beg your pardon - I never promised you a rose garden.

That's what the President should have said.

No comments: